Since 1956, ADI – Associazione per il Disegno Industriale (Association for the Industrial Design) brings together professionals, researchers, teachers, critics, journalists around the main topics of design: project, energy consumption, recycling and training. ADI has a leading role in the development of the industrial design as a cultural and economic phenomenon.
Its purpose is to promote and implement the most conducive conditions to the design for goods and services, through the cultural debate, the dialogue with the institutions and the provision of services.
According to ADI, design is the culturally aware project, it is the interface between the individual and collective demand and the producers’ supply.
The association is involved into products design, services design, visual communication, packaging, interior design and in the design for the environment.
Design is the way to create a relationship between products and users through reserch, innovation and engineering. It gives functionality, social values and cultural meaning to the goods and services distributed on the market.
How We Work
– it brings together more than 1.000 members all over the Country; members are involved into both the initiatives of Milan’s headquarter and into local events;
– it is a member of the Council for the professions not regulated by the CNEL (National Council for the Economy and Labour), helping to establish a legal framework for the public recognition of designer profession;
– since 1962, ADI has owned and and managed the Compasso d’Oro Award, the oldest recognition of design in Europe, and its Historical collection, which collects winning objects and their documentation, promoting historical researches and setting up in-depth exhibitions.
– ADI is founding member of ICSID, International Council of Societies of Industrial Design;
– It is founding member of BEDA, Bureau of European Design Associations;
– It is member of ICOGRADA, International Council of Graphic Design Associations.
ADI – Associazione per il Disegno Industriale
Via Bramante 29
20154 Milan – Italy
Phone: +39 02 33100 164/241