Born in Ragusa in 1977, Giuseppe Gurrieri, after his architecture graduation at the Politecnico di Milano, worked for some years at Maria Giuseppina Grasso Cannizzo’s studio. He works on projects in Sicily and Puglia, and also conducts research and teaches at the Faculty of Architecture of KTH University in Stockholm.
He got several awards including: the third place at the international competition SAIE SELECTION 2012 organized by BolognaFiere and Archi-Europa; the first prize at the III edition of the award RI.U.SO organized by the National Council of Architects; special mention at the prize GIOVANE TALENTO DELL’ARCHITETTURA ITALIANA 2014; second prize at the X edition of the prize INNOVAZIONE E QUALITÀ URBANA 2015; silver medal at the XI edition of the INTERNATIONAL PRIZE FOR SUSTAINABLE ARCHITECTURE organized by the University of Ferrara; the first prize at the international competition THE PLAN AWARD 2015_Future Projects; special mention at the V edition of the prize QUADRANTI D’ARCHITETTURA; he was selected for the award PREMIO INTERNAZIONALE DI ARCHITETTURA BARBARA CAPPOCHIN 2015 and he was finalist to the award MEDAGLIA D’ORO ALL’ARCHITETTURA ITALIANA 2015.
– CASA DCS – Reuse and renovation of a building in the historical centre of Ragusa
– CASA CSR – Renovation of historical palace in the centre of Ragusa
– CASA ASR – Renovation of a flat in the historical centre of Ragusa
– CASA GGM – Restyling and interior design of a holidays house in Marina di Ragusa
– CASA EBM – Restyling and interior design of a holidays house in Marina di Ragusa
– ECOBAR – Reuse of the former ticket office of the sports arena in Ragusa
Work in progress:
– COSTUME MUSEUM by Donnafugata Castle in Ragusa
– New edification of a house for artist in Scicli
– Restyling of two living units in Marina di Ragusa
– Renovation of a farm in Cisternino, Brindisi
Project selected for Archmarathon: Ecobar