Beijing-based People’s Architecture Office was founded by He Zhe, James Shen and Zang Feng in 2010, and consist of an international team of architects, engineers, product designers and urbanists. The studio has been honored with international awards including multiple Architizer A+ Awards and Red Dot Awards as well as the World Architecture Festival Award.
With the belief that design is for the masses, PAO aims to be conceptually accessible and culturally pragmatic. Our work is always socially motivated. The office is a historic courtyard house in the center of Beijing and functions as a laboratory for observation, testing, and building. People’s Architecture Office draws inspiration from social and cultural issues that arise from practicing in one of the most tumultuous and lively locations today.
In collaboration with our sister company People’s Industrial Design Office, PAO strives to integrate product design and architecture. We view this as a way of bringing architecture to a broader public.
– Courtyard House Plugin, Beijing, China
– Tubular Baitasi, Beijing, China
– People’s Canopy , Preston, Lancashire, England
– 21 Cake Headquarters, Beijing, China
– River Heights Pavilion, Taiyuan, Shanxi Province, China
– River Heights Residences, Taiyuan, Shanxi Province, China
– Juxing Tower Showroom, Taiyuan, Shanxi Province, China
– Container Stack Pavilion, Taiyuan, Shanxi Province, China
Work in progress:
– Baitasi Street Façade Renovation, Beijing, China
– Courtyard House Plugin, Beijing，China
– Dali Village UNESCO Office, Guizhou Province, China
– Dali Village Information Center, Guizhou Province, China
– Qiyun Mountain Courtyard Renovation, Huangshan, China
– Kolkata Chinatown Urban Rejuvenation Project
– Cangzhou Planning Exhibition Hall, Hebei Province, China
Project selected for Archmarathon: Courtyard House Plugin