Apdo. 96-6100-Ciudad Colón,
Fournier_Rojas ARQUITECTOS (Fo_Ro_ARQ) was founded in San José, Costa Rica in 1976 by architect and architectural educator Álvaro Rojas, a graduate of the School of Architecture and Environmental Studies of the City College of the City University of New York (1973).
Architect-artist-graphic designer-photographer Sylvia Fournier, a graduate of the School of Fine Arts of the University of Costa Rica (1991) and of the Faculty of Architecture and Environmental Studies of the Universidad del Diseño, Costa Rica (1999), joined Fo_Ro_ARQ in 2000.
We are committed to the thinking and production of architecture and urbanism that is deeply rooted in place and that is socially and environmentally responsible, with particular emphasis on exploring design issues in the tropical landscapes.
We devote part of our efforts to providing pro bono design services to communities in social and economic disadvantage.
Projects of our studio have been widely published in local and international professional magazines (including Architectural Record, “a+a”-China, Plataforma Arquitectura, DesignBoom, Divisare, C3-Korea and many others), and in books and TV programs.
A few of our projects have won international awards.
– Community Center of El Rodeo de Mora, Costa Rica, 2014
– Dr. Luis Fournier Biological Reserve, Tabarcia, Costa Rica, 2011
– Van der Laat & Jiménez Construction Company Headquarters Building, San José, Costa Rica, 2007
– Fo_Ro_ARQ House + Studio, Ciudad Colón, Costa Rica, 2005
– Williamson House_Lattice House, Dominical, Costa Rica, 2005
Works in Progress
– Elementary School of El Rodeo de Mora, Costa Rica
Project selected for Archmarathon: Community Center of El Rodeo de Mora