Rozana Montiel + Alin V. Wallach
medellin 81 – 401 colonia Roma Norte
Ciudad de México, Mexico
ROZANA MONTIEL | ESTUDIO DE ARQUITECTURA, is an interdisciplinary team that focuses on architectural design, artistic re-conceptualizations of space, and the public domain. The studio works with a wide variety of projects in different scales and layers that range from the city to the micro-object, artifacts and books.
For the studio, research and experimentation are fundamental in every project. We have done research on public space issues, attempting to recover social construction in city making. The projects generate multiple spatial narratives that propose an architectonic discourse congruent and specific to each project, and whose critical inquiry is founded in rethinking the texts and subtexts of a space, as well as the design tools used in spatial representation.
Through an unconventional use of resources, we fosters an “active look” of architecture and at the same time, we seek to expand the conceptual and aesthetic potential of the architectural tools. For the study, architecture becomes more accurate and efficient when looking closely at the relationship between visual (optical) perception and sensory movement (hapticity).
– Rooftop Court, Mexico
– Albino Ortega House, Tepoztlán, Morelos, Mexico, 2017
– Void Temple, Cocinas, Jalisco, Mexico, 2011
– One more room, Temixco, Morelos, Mexico, 2017
– Highway Modules, Highway México-Morelia from Atlacomulco to Maravatío, Mexico, 2011
Works in Progress
– Incinerating Station, Cancún Airport, Quintana Roo, Mexico
– Fresnillo playground, Zacatecas, Mexico
– From territory to habitant
– Basaltex offices
– Peñon House
Project selected for Archmarathon: Common Unit