266 Mcdermot Ave, Winnipeg Manitoba, R3B 0s8, Canada
Established in Winnipeg in 2007, 5468796 Architecture began as a reaction to decades of public apathy and ambivalence about architecture. Born from a place where conventional solutions and regressive planning strategies prevailed, the firm aims to disrupt this status quo through new architectural propositions.
Instead of looking for silver-bullet solutions 546 pursues invention as a way to re-instate legitimacy of Architecture in everyday life — we do so by finding opportunities in the most rudimentary of briefs and reimagining the role of architecture in our city.
While aiming to execute our agenda locally on all fronts, from advocacy to teaching to public engagement and making, our work continues to be recognized throughout the world for its resilience, resourcefulness and the rigorous pursuit of innovation, further inspiring us to reinvent our approach for every new challenge.
Firm recognitions include the Rice Design Alliance Spotlight Award and the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada’s inaugural Emerging Architectural Practice Award for “the quality of their built work, service to their clients, innovations with practice and public recognition,” and project recognitions that include 3 Governor General’s Medals in Architecture.
– Youcube, Winnipeg, Canada, 2015
– Parallelogram House, East St. Paul, Canada, 2014
– Oms Stage, Winnipeg, Canada, Phase I 2010, Phase Ii 2013
– The Avenue On Portage, Winnipeg, Canada, 2012
– Bloc_10, Winnipeg, Canada, 2011
Works in Progress
– The Forks Railside Redevelopment, Winnipeg, Canada, Ongoing
– 9th Avenue Parkade, Calgary, Canada, 2020
– James Avenue Pumping Station, Winnipeg, Canada, 2019
– Courtyard 33, Calgary, Canada, 2019
– Warehouse 1885, Winnipeg, Canada, 2019
Project selected for Archmarathon: 62M