Canali associati s.r.l.
Via Petrarca 11, 43121 Parma, Italy
Guido Canali, Academy of San Luca, Academy of Fine Arts in Parma, member of the Committee of Honour of the Italian Association of Landscape Architects. Former Professor of Architectural Composition in Venice and Ferrara. Recognitions in Italy and abroad, including INARCH awards in 1989/90, 1991/92, 2007; Constructa Preis Hannover 92; Fritz Schumaker Preis for lifetime achievement in 2004; Compasso d’Oro 2004; Dedalo 2007; Brick Award 2008; Piranesi Prix del Rome for the 2011 restoration; INARCH / ANCE 2014 lifetime achievement award (“one of the leading protagonists of Italian architectural culture over the last fifty years”), Brand & Landscape Award 2016. Personal exhibitions in Italy and abroad. Over four hundred works published including anthologies, catalogues and international magazines.
Two main strands of design research stand out in addition to that of living: museums and industries which in more detail focus on transforming a museum’s itinerary into a culture-based experience.
– Neighbourhood of one thousand four hundred inhabitants in the Portello area, Milan, Italy, 2015
– Museum of the Stele-Statues in the Piagnaro Castle, Pontremoli (MS), Italy, 2015
– New Museum for the Duomo in Milan, Italy, 2014
– Pinko factory at Fidenza (PR), Italy 2011
– Gran Sasso knitwear factory and offices, Sant’Egidio alla Vibrata (Teramo), Italy, 2011
– XIV century Santa Maria della Scala Hospital, Siena, Italy, 2005
– Prada factories, Montevarchi (AR) and Montegranaro (AP), Italy, 2003
– HypoVereinsbank Headquarters, Munich, Germany, 2002
– Smeg Offices, Guastalla (RE), Italy, 1995
Works in Progress
– Restoration of the Palazzo Tarasconi, Parma, Italy
– New Prada logistics centre, Levanella (AR), Italy
– Santa Teresa Condominium, Parma, Italy
Project selected for Archmarathon: Polo industriale Prada a Valvigna