Via Palermo 1, 20121, Milano, Italy
Andrea Liverani (1969) holds a BA degree from the Politecnico di Milano (1994) and a Master’s degree from the UPC (Barcelona); Enrico Molteni (1969) holds a BA degree from the Politecnico di Milano (1994) and a Ph.D. degree from the UPC (Barcelona).
The two architects founded the Liverani/Molteni Architetti studio in Milan in 1999.
They have taken part in around 100 international planning competitions, earning 23 awards, including a First Prize for EXPO 2015 service buildings, the Cittadella dell’Edilizia in Como, the Seregno Town Hall, School Complex in Capiago, and the Bruennen-Nord in Bern (Switzerland), and a second prize for the Brunner school complex in Bern, Europan7-Monza, and the headquarters of the AF in London. Out of the 50 projects entrusted to them, twenty have been implemented in Italy and abroad. The most significant works include the dog kennels in Monza, House for a Director, SML house, ST house, Twin houses in Seoul, office building SS36, Iper-Brianza residential, the ÁS.HeP exhibition in Valencia and the Rain-Hail Resort in Phuket.
Acknowledgements of their works include the 2005 “IN/ARCH National Award”, the 2004 “Arches Award” (Italy), the 2004 “Piranesi Award”(Slovenia) for the ST house, and the 2006 Architecture Award from the Accademia Nazionale di San Luca, 2006. Their works were nominated or the 2010 BSI Award CH, the 2012 Gold Medal for Italian Architecture, and the 2013 BigMat International Architecture Award. Their “House for a Director” received a mention at the 2013 Architectural Review House Awards.
They took part in the 10th Venice Architecture Biennale in 2006; in the European ‘Wonderland’ exhibition in 2004-08; and in the ‘100 Architects of the Year’ exhibition in Seoul in 2015.
Solo exhibitions in Palazzo Carpegna, Rome, in 2006 and in the Onground Gallery in Seoul in 2014. Over the years, some of their projects and works have been published in magazines and books, both in Italy and abroad.
– TWIN HOUSES, Seoul, South korea, 2015-2017
– Kennels, Monza, 2011-2014
– House for a director, Casatenovo, Lecco, 2008-2011
– Housing Iperbrianza, Giussano, Milano, 2007-2012
– Rain-Hail resort, Phuket, Thailand, 2006-2008
– G8 La Maddalena, Sardegna, 2007-2008
– Office building SS36 Valassina, Carate B., Milano, 2001-2004
– House ST, Barlassina, Milano, 2000-2004
– Town Hall, Seregno, Milano, 1999
– House SML, Santa Margherita Ligure, Genova, 1996-1999
Works in Progress
– House of columns, Giussano, Milano, 2018
– Saya Park entrance pavillion, Daegu, South korea, 2015
Project selected for Archmarathon: Twin Houses