181 Chrystie Street #2 – New York, NY 10002, USA
LOT-EK scans the planet for manmade objects. LOT-EK upcycles objects through transformative operations. LOT-EK is an art and design studio based founded in 1993 by Ada Tolla and Giuseppe Lignano. LOT-EK has achieved high visibility in the architecture/design/art world for its sustainable and innovative approach to construction, materials and space through the upcycling of existing industrial objects and systems not originally intended for architecture. LOT-EK is also recognized for the use of technology as an integral part of architecture, for addressing issues of mobility and transformability in architecture and for blurring the boundaries between art, architecture and entertainment.
LOT-EK has completed architecture, design and art projects all over the world and their work has been exhibited and collected by international institutions such as MoMA, Guggenheim and Whitney in New York, MAXXI in Rome, Venice Biennale and more.
LOT-EK’s founding partners have a degree in Architecture and Urban Design from the Universita’ di Napoli, Italy (1989), and have completed post-graduate studies at Columbia University, New York (1990- 1991). They also teach at Columbia University – GSAPP in New York and lecture at major universities and cultural institutions throughout the US and abroad.
LOT-EK received the AIA Architecture Honor Award in 2011 and in the same year Ada and Giuseppe were recognized as USA Booth Fellows of Architecture by United States Artists.
– DRIVELINES Studios, Johannesburg, South Africa, 2017
– QIYUN MOUNTAIN CAMP, Huangshan, China, 2017
– CARROLL HOUSE, New York, USA, 2016
– APAP OpenSchool, Anyang, Korea, 2010
Works in Progress
– THE MUSUEM, Philadelphia, USA, 2020
– THE CUBES at Socrates Sculpture Park, Long Island City, NY, USA 2019
– c-Home prototype, Claverack, NY, USA, 2019
– ORCHARD STREET PENTHOUSE, New York, NY 2019
– THEATRE4ONE-Europe, London/Dublin, UK/Ireland, 2018
Project selected for Archmarathon: Qiyun Mountain Camp