Rm 208, Bldg 22, 4 North Gongrentiyuchang Rd, Chaoyang District, Beijing, 100027, China
Vector Architects was founded in 2008, Beijing. During ten years’ practice, we have always believed that design needs to confront problems. Site, Light and Making are our focuses when we design architecture.
Each site has its certain spirit that already exists. What we are favored of is to discover such energy through a precise action in architectural space, and transform it into people’s perceptions and lives. In this sense, architecture means a medium to connect and reveal.
Natural light, while illuminates the fixed, tangible materials and boundaries of space, melts their physical limitations simultaneously. Light is an energy that grants suffused emotion and ambience to space. As the shifting weathers and seasons, this intangible quality is ever-changing. For architecture, light is an “observation” for our eyes, and an “immersion” for body and soul.
Architecture is the art of “making”. In China, the obvious shortcomings, such as “lags”, “chaos” and “defects”, are what architects might take advantage of. For each project, our site architect participated in the construction from the manufacture of materials, the testing of details, later on to the full cooperation on site. It is this long lasting process of collaboration that gives us opportunities to constantly amend the limitations during the design drawing stage.
– Seashore Library, Beidaihe New District, China, 2015
– Seashore Chapel, Beidaihe New District, China, 2015
– Renovation of the Captain’s House, Fuzhou, China, 2017
– Alila Yangshuo, Yangshuo, China, 2017
– Chongqing Taoyuanju Community Center, Chongqing, China, 2015
– Suzhou Intangible Cultural Heritage Museum, Suzhou, China, 2016
Works in Progress
– Seashore Restaurant, Beidaihe New District, China, 2015
– Faculty Development Center of Nankai University, Tianjin, China, 2017
– Wulingshan Library, Chengde, China, 2017
– Changjiang Art Museum, Taiyuan, China, 2016
Project selected for Archmarathon: Alila Yangshuo